Friday, August 12, 2011

Challenge Friday: Coffee Pancakes

I know you all deserve a better challenge, I actually had something planed this week but due to personal issues I couldn't do it. Hopefully I will have things back to normal for next week and we can actually start with Fall/Halloween Challenges. The original recipe is on The Anti Craft.
They were actually far to sweet for me, talk about pancakes on hyperdrive sweet. I hadn't done a revision but I was actually thinking about instead of the condensed milk why not half and half with a little sugar. In my one cup of coffee I don't take much sugar in it, the condensed milk was super loaded more then I take in a cup of coffee.
A copy of there recipe and directions:

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cup  all purpose flour
1 Tbsp  baking powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the coffee in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well until there are no sticky globs of sweetened condensed milk left unblended. Add the beaten eggs and vegetable oil, and whisk smooth again.

In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients, combine to a smooth batter.

Drop batter by the quarter cupful (about 60 ml) onto a hot ungreased griddle or skillet. When bubbles start to form and pop around the edges of the cakes, flip them over to brown for about 30 seconds on the other side.

Stack cooked Java Jacks on a platter between layers of clean tea towels and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.






My Notes: I am working on a revised less sugar kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment