Friday, August 5, 2011

Challenge Friday: Cake Mix Donuts

So I was playing with the idea of old fashioned donuts and what I came up with was quite tasty! I had ran to the cabinet to gather my supplies to only discovered I had a tiny bit of flour left about a cup worth. So sitting and thinking I decided to grab one of my cake mixes that had been sitting in the cabinet waiting to be used.
The one I happened to grab was my Spice cake mix, mmmm me likes spice cake. It actually took me about 15 minuted to get the right constancy.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil

Glaze: Use any that you like, I like the powder sugar.

Directions:
In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix, I used my hand mixer. The Mix will be thick this is good!
Using a tablespoon or 1/2 tablespoon (i used) you will scoop the mix into the hot oil to fry up.

If you never fried anything before get a frying/candy thermometer. You want your oil to be about 375, I use a 4 quart pot and fill it about half full of oil.

Drop by spoon full's into the hot oil brown on both side, This will take about a total 3 minutes per donut. I put 4 in at a time.  Do not crowd.

Place on paper towel, paper bag to help absorb the excess oil. After they have cooled down about an hour then you can glaze, put powder sugar on or enjoy plain. They are sweet enough without having to add extra glaze. Go great with coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment