- 2 medium sized bowls
- food processor or potato masher
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs for gluten free use 1/2 cup soy flower and 1/2 cup rice flower
- 1/4 cup flask seed meal
- Chicken: Breast washed dried and cut into bite sized chunks or you can use wings, thighs, drumsticks.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Steam and mash up the sweet potato and measure out 1/4 cup. One medium sized sweet potato should be plenty. Place it in one of the bowls. Add the 2 large eggs and whisk. This will be the egg batter you will dunk your chicken into.
- In another bowl add your dry ingredients.
- Spray a skillet with non stick spray and heat over med high. Once hot add in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Coat the chicken in the egg bath then into the bread crumb place onto hot skillet. Cook nuggets about 5-7 minuets on each side until no longer pink.
- If using legs, wings, thighs or quarters heat the oven to 350 use a shallow pan spray with non stick spray and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan about 2-4 tablespoons. Coat chicken place in pre heated oven and cook about 30-40 minuets about half way turn chicken. Cook until no longer pink and clear juice flows from the chicken.
This is a great way to trick your kids to eat healthy as well as yourself. The sweet potato sweetens the chicken just right. One could add just a tad of salt to the chicken before placing into the eggs. Willow doesn't and they seam to go quickly. You can make the chicken nuggets a week before the party just let cool down and then freeze. Simply place onto cookie sheet and slide into a preheated oven of 400 for about 10 minuets.
Dipping sauces Willow just places Ketchup, Bar-b-Que, Honey Muster, Muster, Wasabie, and other sauces out. Simple, Light and very satisfying. Don't take her words for it simply try it yourself!