Yes another recipe inspired by The Elder Scroll Games. This recipe has many applications but is really sweet and good.
If you have ever played any of the games your character always comes across an alchemy ingredient called Moon Sugar. From the lands where the Khajiit resides, an addictive item.
Well onto what is needed
Equipment: Sauce Pot, Jelly Roll Pan or Cookie Sheet, Ziplock Bag, Foil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- Zest and Juice of 2 lemons
- Veg Oil or Flavorless Oil for pan/ jelly roll pan
- 1-2 Tablespoons Powder Sugar
- In a sauce pot add in sugar and corn syrup, Lemon Zest and Juice
- Heat to boil, turn heat down to simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly golden brown on edges.
- Pour into prepared jelly roll or cookie sheet.
- Let harden and cool, this might take about an hour or two.
- Once cold and hard start breaking into pices.
- Place sugar pices in a ziplock bag add powder sugar and shake.
- Put in a bowl and enjoy.
Instead of Corn Syrup you can replace it with 3/4 cup water.
Other items you can add into your sugar syrup instead of Lemons and the juice: Liquid flavors such as vanilla, Butter Rum, Almond. I suggest just a teaspoon and poor it in after you get mixture off the heat.
What to add into the pot while simmering: Cardamon, Lavender, Culinary Sumac.
Experiment and find what you like.